As we age and time passes with the everyday small stresses in our lives, we tend to lose laxity in our skin and develop a more tired appearance. Self-care is important and with our busy lives we also need to maintain ourselves and look rested and rejuvenated. Dermal fillers and Botox when done right help preserve our facial volume; also prevent forehead lines, sunken jowls and tired eyes. Post the procedures we love the outcome and it is usually important to know how we can maintain the results for as long as we can.
- Sunscreen: Sun protection is imperative as the UV rays can reduce the longevity of the dermal fillers and Botox. Sunscreen is always recommended post treatments and is great and an essential part of your regular skin care regime.
- Less is more: Too much of anything is bad especially Botox, it should be done in just the right amounts as muscles can tend to get resistant to it. So too much of it is always bad.
- Skin Care: A good skin care regime is a must, like a vitamin C serum, a good moisturiser. Avoid very abrasive scrubs and do it yourself peeling exfoliating masks. Drink plenty of water and Zinc supplements too help maintain the longevity of dermal fillers.
- Exercise: Vigorous physical exercise also increases the rate of metabolism. Though exercise is great for us and can’t be avoided it reduces the life span of dermal fillers and Botox, in that case scheduling appointments before it wears out helps.
- Facial Massages: Avoid facial massages and other facials which involve massaging the face as it causes quicker disappearance of fillers. It is also advised to sleep with high pillows as it reduces the blood flow to the face and helps keep the filler intact for longer.
Dermal fillers and Botox are unfortunately not permanent features but the last as long as 9-18 months. The results are natural and if done right make you look more rested, refreshed, and the outcome is long lasting along with adequate maintenance.