We all want to age gracefully. As the years roll by there comes a time where as we gaze into the mirror, we suddenly LOOK OLD! We don’t look or feel like ourselves anymore, but keep telling ourselves that this is the natural ageing process, there’s nothing we can do about it. What we don’t realize is that overexposure to UV radiation and environmental pollutants actually accelerate our skin’s ageing process by damaging collagen (which makes up the structural connective tissue of our skin) and our skin cells. Nothing natural about that!
If only there was an anti-ageing serum that can make you look like YOU again! Topical Vitamin C serum answers all your prayers
What is Vitamin C?
Vitamin C plays an essential role in the formation of the complex structure of collagen, which accounts for the firmness of your skin. It is also a potent antioxidant that helps rejuvenate aged and photo damaged skin.
Why it is essential to apply Vitamin C topically for your skin is because when taken orally, very little actually reaches the skin. Plus as levels of Vitamin C in the skin decline with age, replenishing levels directly can promote collagen formation and mitigate the effects of free radicals giving you a firm and youthful look.
Several clinical studies have found various benefits of topical Vitamin C –
- Reduction in fine lines and wrinkles
- Improvement in skin roughness and skin tone
- Reduction in age spots and sun spots
- Also helps prevent and reduce acne
What to look for in your Vitamin C serum?
- Look for products that contain 10-20% of L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C). (The higher the percentage, the better)
- Pay extra attention to the packaging – L-ascorbic acid is an unstable compound vulnerable to deterioration in the presence of air and light. Make sure it comes in an airtight opaque bottle Don’t go for larger volumes. Buy smaller bottles, one at a time So lets take it upon us to protect our skin from the ravages of the environment. Don’t let the sun age you, show your skin some TLC and keep your connective tissue strong and supple.