Karvachauth is observed by many women’s and on this day the wives fast for whole day. Fasting whole day can lead to nausea, vomiting, headaches; learn how to eat right which will prevent you from these symptoms.
During sargi eat healthy meal so that you will feel full, here are some tips you can follow:
- Include lots of fruits like banana, papaya, pomegranate, berries, apple etc.
- Avoid oily and fried foods like paranthas, pakoras etc as these foods will make you more dizzy. One should opt healthy options like multigrain atta chapatti with vegetables or oat bran chapatti with vegetables and paneer or vegetables stuffed oat meal chapatti or multigrain toasts with vegetables.
- Avoid tea or coffee as it will make your body dehydrated instead go for fresh juices, milk, buttermilk, cup of green tea etc.
- Avoid Mithais and as a sweet option go in for dates, figs, apricots etc.
- Have some nut like walnuts, almonds, pistachios etc.
During the day:
Good meal at sargi will keep you going for next 4 to 5 hours without much of discomfort. Keep yourself busy throughout the day; go for movies, watch television, pamper yourself with good spa etc. Avoid doing heavy and strenuous work.
Breaking the Fast:
It is the most important part as by this time you are usually drained out, some women start drinking lots of water, some might eat heavy sweets etc making them feel more nauseated and dizzy. One should break the fast in proper manner, selecting right food options. Here are few tips you can follow:
- Firstly take one glass of water and then take few nuts like 4-5 almonds, 1-2 walnuts, few sunflower seeds. Avoid taking tea or coffee as during this time stomach acidity levels are very high and taking tea/coffee can leads to high acidity.
- Avoid oily, spicy and fried foods Include foods like idlis ,dosa, uttapam with sambhar/ vegetables dalia/oat meal chapatti with vegetables and paneer bhurji/steamed rice pulao with dal etc.
- ake curd or flavored yogurt
- For sweets take 2-3 dates, small piece of dark chocolate, homemade kulfi etc.