Looking for a healthy snack? Enjoy a handful of sunflower seeds which not only prevent you from bingeing on other unhealthy snacks but also provide you multiple health benefits.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in Vit E and have anti-inflammatory and cardiovascular benefits. Vit E is fat soluble antioxidant and helps in neutralizing free radicals, preventing oxidation of cells and ageing process. Vit E helps in reducing the risk of developing atherosclerosis, osteoarthritis and cancer.
- These seeds provide phytosterols which help in reducing cholesterol. Phytosterols are the compounds found in plants which have structure similar to cholesterol and when it is present in sufficient amount in diet they help to reduce cholesterol, improves immunity and reduces risk of certain cancer.
- Magnesium rich sunflower seeds help in reducing hypertension (blood pressure), prevents migraine and headaches. Magnesium basically helps in calming and relaxing our nerves, hence prevents muscle spasm, migraine, fatigue etc.
- They contain magnesium and copper which helps in making bones stronger.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in dietary fiber hence helps in digesting food and cure constipation.
- They contain tryptophan which is an essential amino acid that helps produce serotonin which is an important neurotransmitter and promotes relaxation
- Sunflower seeds are very good for healthy and glowing skin. Essential fatty acids such as linolenic, oleic and palmitic acid which encourages the formation of collagen and elastin thus making skin soft and smooth.
- How to add sunflower seeds in your daily intake?
- Add seeds to your favorite salads, soups and cooked vegetables and dals.
- Sprinkle seeds on pancakes, scrambled eggs.
- Add seeds to your porridges and smoothies.